Why teach science in the primary 1,2,3
- A good knowledge of science gained in primary 1,2,3 prepares children to do well in their more formal science education at primary 4,5,6.
- Science is a way of thinking, not just a body of knowledge, through science children becomes aware of environmental issues.
- Basic scientific knowledge of the human body, living things, and healthy food to children's developing awareness of themselves.
- This knowledge will help them to make healthy choice, to keep safe and to solve problems.
- Investigation based science learning develops children's curiosity, problem, solving, practical and communication skills.
- When children carry out practical tasks it is helpful to highlight the scientific skills they are using.
- We encourage children to be a leader and work in a team.